Do you have a blog? Have you ever been tempted to start one, but just talked yourself out of it over and over again? We’ve all been there.
Whenever I publish a blog I still ask myself if it’s the right thing to do and the best use of my time. But it really is SUCH a fundamental part of the way I market my business. But what if the blog isn’t for business? If it’s just for fun? Why start a blog at all? In this week’s episode of the Small & Supercharged Podcast I talk to Charlotte Miller, aka The Forelock Journal, all about her award winning blog. The whys, the hows, and everything else too.
Why start a blog… and what does it mean to win awards for your blog
Here are the show notes for episode 21 – why start a blog and what does it mean to win awards for your blog – with Charlotte Miller from The Forelock Journal. In this episode you will hear…
- The inspiration behind The Forelock Journal- and where Charlotte’s passion for writing came from.
- How Charlotte started The Forelock Journal.
- The original idea behind The Forelock Journal, the kind of content Charlotte decided to include on the blog and why.
- How Charlotte integrates her social media with her blog, how she shares the content on her platforms, and how it differs.
- Charlotte’s aims for The Forelock Journal over the next 12 months.
- How scary the equestrian world can be, and how Charlotte wants to help people who are feeling overwhelmed.
- Great things that have happened since starting The Forelock Journal.
- How having the blog has changed Charlotte’s perspective on social media
- Managing the voice of self doubt and what to do when the niggling voice gets loud.
- How to write content for a blog – how batching works for Charlotte.
- The schedule that Charlotte works to for The Forelock Journal.
- How Charlotte won Haynet’s Equestrian Blogger of The Year and what that meant to her.
- The difference between mainstream blogging and more niche industries (such as equestrian and country) and the opportunities provided by Haynet for the blogging awards.
- The #horsebloggers and #ruralbloggers groups on Facebook available for people in our industry who want to blog.
- Charlotte’s top tips on how to get started as a blogger if you want to start your own blog.
- The importance of focusing on your goals, your vision and what you want to do, as well as establishing your own style of writing is really important.
A HUGE thank you to Charlotte for chatting to me – you can find out more about Charlotte and The Forelock Journal by following the links below…