Rhea Freeman PR understands that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. I respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.rheafreemanpr.co.uk (My Site) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with my obligations and your rights under the law.
- Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
|“Account”||means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of My Site;|
|“Cookie”||means a small text file placed on your computer or device by My Site when you visit certain parts of My Site and/or when you use certain features of My Site. Details of the Cookies used by My Site are set out in Part 14, below; and|
|“Cookie Law”||means the relevant parts of the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003;|
- Information About Me
My Site is owned and operated by Rhea Freeman PR, a sole trader.
Address: Oaklands, Bayton, Kidderminster, Worcestershire, DY14 9ND
Data Protection Officer: Rhea Freeman.
Email address: email@example.com.
Telephone number: 07980 757910.
Postal Address: Oaklands, Bayton, Kidderminster, Worcs, DY14 9ND
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which I will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data I hold about you. Part 13 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by me is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact me using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask me to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that I have. Please contact me using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to me using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to me directly, I am using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask me for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. I do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about my use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact me using the details provided in Part 15.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about my use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- What Data Do We Collect?
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Business name;
- Job title;
- Payment information;
- Information about your preferences and interests;
- IP address;
- Web browser type and version;
- Operating system;
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on My Site, and the site you exit to;
- How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the GDPR, I must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for my performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to my use of your personal data, or because it is in my legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your Account;
- Providing and managing your access to My Site;
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Supplying you with information by email and/or post that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time) by Mailchimp
- Analysing your use of My Site to enable me to continually improve My Site and your user experience.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, I may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email or telephone or text message or post with information, news, and offers on my products and services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. I will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with my obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
In my line of work, I may, from time to time, have access to data provided by or for a client. An example would be the winner of a competition organised between my client and a third party such as a magazine. Where this is the case, I will not download and use in anyway for my own business purposes and will only use it for the manner that has been detailed by the client or third party (depending on the exact nature of the data and its purpose). I will, as per my own policy, use passwords when necessary to protect the data. I will also not retain access for longer than is necessary and expect the client to change passwords on accounts as they feel necessary too. It is the responsibility of the person supplying me with this data, whether client or third party, to ensure that it is GDPR compliant.
Third Parties (including YouTube whose content appears on My Site) may use third-party Cookies, as detailed below in Part 14. Please refer to Part 14 for more information on controlling cookies. Please note that I do not control the activities of such third parties, nor the data that they collect and use themselves, and I advise you to check the privacy policies of any such third parties.
- How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
I will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. Your personal data will therefore be kept for the following periods (or, where there is no fixed period, the following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept):
- If you register to access content on the site as part of a membership or course, your information will be kept for as long as that account remains active or until you delete it, depending on the nature of the product or service.
- With Mailchimp, your data will be kept until you unsubscribe or the list is cleaned and inactive accounts removed. This will happen as and when and not to a schedule. If you would like to stop receiving email communication, simply follow the unsubscribe link on the bottom of each email sent through Mailchimp, or simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask for manual removal.
- How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
Where I transfer your data to a third party based in the US, this may be protected if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield. This requires that third party to provide data protection to standards similar to those in Europe. More information is available from the European Commission.
Please contact me using the details below in Part 15 for further information about the particular data protection mechanism used by me when transferring your personal data to a third country.
The security of your personal data is essential to me, and to protect your data, I take a number of important measures, including the following:
- I only use companies who are GDPR compliant such as Mailchimp, ConvertPlug (https://www.convertplug.com/plus/docs/convert-plus-supports-gdpr-regulations/),
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
I will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to one important exception.
In some limited circumstances, I may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if I am involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
- How Can I Control My Personal Data?
- In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in Part 5, when you submit personal data via My Site, you may be given options to restrict my]use of your personal data. In particular, I aim to give you strong controls on my use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from me which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in my emails and at the point of providing your details (and by managing your Account).
- You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK: The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
- Can I Withhold Information?
You may access certain areas of My Site without providing any personal data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on My Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data I have about you, you can ask me for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 15.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover my administrative costs in responding.
I will respond to your subject access request within a maximum of seven working days and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, I aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date I receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of my progress.
By using My Site, you may also receive certain third-party Cookies on your computer or device. Third-party Cookies are those placed by websites, services, and/or parties other than me. Third-party Cookies are used on My Site for analytics (I use Google Analytics) and Youtube (where videos are embedded into my site from YouTube). These Cookies are not integral to the functioning of My Site and your use and experience of My Site will not be impaired by refusing consent to them.
All Cookies used by and on My Site are used in accordance with current Cookie Law.
Before Cookies are placed on your computer or device, you will be shown a pop up at the top of the screen requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies you are enabling me to provide the best possible experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of My Site may not function fully or as intended.
My Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse anonymous usage information, enabling me to better understand how My Site is used. This, in turn, enables me to improve My Site and the products and services offered through it.
The analytics service(s) used by My Site use(s) Cookies to gather the required information. You do not have to allow me to use these Cookies, however whilst my use of them does not pose any risk to your privacy or your safe use of My Site, it does enable me to continually improve My Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
In addition to the controls that I provide, you can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all Cookies or only third-party Cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies, but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
You can choose to delete Cookies on your computer or device at any time, however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, login and personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.]
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact me about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details [for the attention of Rhea Freeman]:
Email address: email@example.com.
Telephone number: 07980 757910.
Postal Address: Oaklands, Bayton, Kidderminster, Worcs, DY14 9ND.
I may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if I change my business in a way that affects personal data protection.