You’re in for a treat today! On this episode of the Small & Supercharged podcast we catch up with Ruth Chappell, the lady behind Dressage Anywhere. In addition to being a huge part of Dressage Anywhere, Ruth has a lot of strings to her bow. She’s an absolute superstar and is also a ‘tech wizard’. In this episode, we chat about how Ruth got to this point, the difficulties with running a digital, online equestrian business and more.
Let’s talk about online equestrian businesses and how to create a digital business, with Ruth Chappell – Dressage Anywhere
Show notes for the Small & Supercharged Podcast – Episode 8 – online only equestrian businesses, how to deal with competition, cyber security and making a connection with customers…
- Ruth talks about how she came to Dressage Anywhere, the online dressage platform
- We talk about competition and how to deal with being the only online dressage company to how it is now.
- We spoke about where the idea for Dressage Anywhere came from.
- The benefits of an online business, the international appeal and global reach the business has.
- How Dressage Anywhere actually works.
- The limitations of being an online/digital business and how this can be quite challenging.
- The opportunities that social media has presented for digital businesses.
- Particular highlights including the Riding for the Disabled Association.
- Some of the tools that Ruth uses to help run Dressage Anywhere effectively.
- Social media content for digital businesses and how this can be used to help promote connection and business.
- Finding friends and amazing connections through social media.
- We talk about cyber security and data protection, and how that even a small business needs to be aware of this and understand the responsibilities connected to it.
- And we talk about user experience, customer journey, automation, and balancing tech with usability… because they have to work together.
It was an absolute joy chatting to Ruth – not only do I love Dressage Anywhere, but I am a huge Ruth fan. She is a fountain of knowledge on ‘techy’ things and has helped me out on more than one occasion when I’ve had a tech based ‘why does everything hate me’ meltdown. OK. That happens quite a lot!
To find Ruth and Dressage Anywhere online, follow the links below…
Beautiful image provided by Karen Bennett Photography