Do I have a treat for you today! Today’s episode is all about the power of collaboration and trying new things. If you’ve ever wondered about how collaborations work with many brands, or why it’s important to try new things, this is for you!
For this episode, we’re talking to Emma Warren, MD of Hiho Silver. In it, she talks about working together, why it really is important to try new things in your business, and how the Style, Skills & Silver event Hiho ran in September ’18 did this. Emma is a lady who just doesn’t just talk a good talk, she’s always trying new things and testing theories… and we get a look at the mindset behind that here too.
Let’s talk about the power of collaboration and why we should embrace trying new things
Show notes for the Small & Supercharged Podcast – Episode 15 – the power of collaboration and trying news things with Emma Warren. In this episode we have a really good chat with Emma Warren, MD of Hiho Silver, about collaboration, trying new things, and how this all came together in the Hiho Silver Style, Skills & Silver event. In this episode you’ll hear…
- How the idea for Style, Skills & Silver came about.
- The idea that was at the hub of the event and how this grew and developed in line with Emma’s vision.
- How the skills that the group of amazing attendees learnt are being used even now.
- The ability to collaborate with other brands to make an event like this work – Melanie from Mackenzie & George, Ben from Fairfax & Favor, and Sophie from Evemy & Evemy attended in person, and Annie from Albion Lifestyle and Belle from Annabel Brocks let us loan products to play with and use for the workshops.
- How Style, Skills & Silver was quite a different concept, and how Emma and Hiho felt about that.
- We talk about how Emma’s knowledge from different industries has been brought across to Hiho and that can help to encourage her to do new things.
- How an event, like Style, Skills & Silver, has far reaching benefits – not just for skills but also for people’s lives.
- That people who attended and presented at the event really pushed themselves outside their comfort zones, as much as the people who attended and tried new things did.
- How the biggest take aways from the day were things that no one could have really predicted.
- Why working together with other brands is kind of brave, but also hugely valuable and important. We also talk about balance and how some people and brands really embrace collaboration and others don’t. Emma also acknowledges that collaboration isn’t for everyone, but how this is fine too!
- How people like different things at different times, and how collaboration isn’t just about the pound notes. It’s about far more than that.
- The importance of authenticity when it comes to collaborations – how this idea might not work for everyone, but how it works for many brands and when it does, it’s great. But we also talk about why it doesn’t work for everyone and can depend on heritage and company DNA.
- We talk about the next Style, Skills & Silver event – and how this will be in February.
- How you can find out about the next event and how the people who came to the first event will get a 24 hour window to order their tickets before general release.
- Why Style, Skills & Silver was a no shopping event and the benefits of this.
Since this episode was recorded the event has been renamed as Hiho & Co and the next event’s theme is around being all you can be. This will focused around helping people tap into their own skills, using them as well as possible, and not fixating on what you can’t do. I’m excited…
To find out more about Hiho Silver, all the links are below. And if you want to find out more about Emma, I’ve included her links too!