Today we’re talking all about content – content marketing, what content is, what it means to you… and how to make this work. We use the word ‘content’ a lot – I do – but I don’t use it as a buzzword. I use it because it covers so, so much. So, without further ado, should we have a little chat about content? It’s a solo one with me… so thank you so much for joining me.
Let’s talk about content, shall we?
Show notes for the Small & Supercharged Podcast – Episode 12 – content. What content is, how to make it work for you, the different types, and how to make sure everything you create has the best chance of delivering a good return on investment.
In this episode we talk about…
- Different types of content and how it’s important to make it it work for you.
- Blogging and how written content works – not just in terms of what you’re trying to do and the message you’re trying to convey, but also from an SEO point of view.
- What to do if you’re not good at writing (or you don’t think you are) . We talk through different hacks to help you here.
- Transcription and dictation software and how this can help.
- How podcasts can make really good content as they get to people in a different way. We also talk about how the podcasts can be made into blog posts. And what the show notes can add too.
- The value of video. We chat about Facebook lives, Youtube, and more. We also talk about what video does and how it allows people to connect with you on a different level, and how it allows people to find out more about products too.
- How there are lots of side benefits to videos that you might not realise.
- Why being authentic is really important, and how it’s scary to put yourself out there… but the benefits it has too.
- Podcasts and videos – can you do them at the same time? I talk about why I don’t at the moment.
- Videos and where you can post this content.
- Photography – and why I count photography as content. And how it can actually be pillar content depending on which platform you spend the most time on/where your customers are.
- Professional photography, but also the benefit of getting better at your own photography and how this can really help you.
- The value of quotes, testimonials and so much more. And how this can work as part of your content plan. We also talk about how these allow you to create your own content from nothing.
- How we need to play to our strengths but how we can work with people who can help fill in the gaps. You only need to be good at one way to produce content… and then you build from there.
- Human connection in content and why it’s important to put it out there.
- Perfect and how you won’t be perfect when it comes to content, but how you can just do your best. And also how you can edit.
- The value of just having a go. Because the value that content brings over any of the negatives outweighs it by a HUGE amount.
- If you need any egging on – I’m @rheafreemanpr on Instagram and Facebook, and I’m @rheafreeman on Twitter.