I am so, SO excited to be able to share this episode with you. Actually, I’m really excited to be able to share this lady with you. This is Emma Warren. Emma is the Queen Bee (MD) of Hiho Silver and runs her own luxury glamping business too. But this isn’t all there is to Emma – far from it. She’s an accountant by trade (keep reading, please!), but has had the most amazing career. The path she’s taken to get where she is not is a really interesting one, but more than that, Emma’s ability to be multi-passionate, to juggle so many things, to lead this multi-hyphenate life, is fascinating. The thing is, being multi-hyphenate (as in, having more than one passion and one job title) is branded as new… but it isn’t… as Emma explains. Have a listen here…
Let’s talk about being multipassionate and juggling life and work, with Emma Warren
Show notes for the Small & Supercharged Podcast – Episode 7 – being multipassionate, leading a multi-hyphenate life, juggling and the career path she’s taken…
- Emma talks about the journey she’s taken to get where she is now
- Being multipassionate and how having a multihyphenate career isn’t a new thing (but maybe the branding is)
- We talk about how Emma found Hiho Silver and how she become involved at first
- How she believes accountants should earn their money because of their unique position within the business, and how they can be the ‘wheel hub’ for all the elements
- The value of doing things you really enjoy – even though you may still have to do your filing(!)
- What being the MD of Hiho actually involves – and how being hands on in a small business is really important
- The value of a great team
- The speed of change and how it’s important to try, test and break things
- Where the idea for Dimpsey, Emma’s glamping business, came from as well as how she made Dimpsey different to other glamping experiences at that time.
- Getting the family involved in the businesses to help make the experience more inclusive
- Work/life balance and how Emma views it all – are blurred lines such a bad thing?
- Emma’s top tips on how to juggle work, motherhood, running a ‘mini’ farm and lots more.
To find out more about Emma and her businesses, here are all the links…